Friday, July 22, 2005

Shane Acker to Direct Feature

Remember a few months ago when I said that someone with little CG or animation experience made a short film and it was picked by Tim Burton to be turned into a CG Feature? Well, it has finally hit the wires. ...continued...

The director is Shane Acker, and his short film was "9". For some unknown reason, this short has gotten a lot of attention. I'll admit it, I just don't see it. I thought the short was boring and was extremely uninteresting. The animation was okay, but didn't grab me as impressive. The best part of it were the environments and textures. However, I wasn't that blown away by them either. It does fit Burton's style (which he will act as Executive Producer) though. A deal was made with "Focus Features" to produce the low budget film.

Even though I thought the story was boring and the visuals were okay. I'll wish Shane some luck. As a newbie to the industry and with no directing experience beyond the short, he is in store for some difficult times. Hey, everyone else is getting money to make a CG film, why not this guy?

2 comments:

jason said...

shane's not that much a newbie to the industry.. he's worked on a number of feature films & has directed & animated 3 or 4 shorts I believe.

He's also an incredibly talented and driven guy.. I can't wait to see what comes of this!

oh, and he wears cool glasses. :)

Staloren said...

I do not know the guy. I can only go by what I've heard or seen on his resume that starts only 5 years ago. I see 1 feature film and maybe 5 other professional projects. Again, I wish him the best. I've been suprised before.