Thursday, July 02, 2009

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

I was really looking forward to see SPA pump out another nice animated film in Cloudy w/ A Chance for Meatballs.

After seeing the second trailer that was recently released, I'm starting to think that won't happen. What an ugly film this has turned into. The art direction looks horrible. Everything looks muddy. Poor lighting choices. The animation looks okay, but seems to have taken a step down from their previous two films. Perhaps the good stuff isn't in the trailer and being saved for the movie. On top of all of that, the character models are uninteresting and downright boring.

Whatever the case, I'm no longer looking forward to this film. Sad. I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that SPA is going the way of the dodo bird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this doesn't hit, the Transylvania film will be cancelled and Sony Animation disbanded. If you think Meatballs was ugly (it is), it's beautiful compared to that Transylvania mess.

Anonymous said...

I've seen the new Transylvania stuff, I have to say it looks awesome, better then it did before. I have to say CWCM has a solid story, I'm not sure if it will make money in the box office, but the film is solid.