Tuesday, November 03, 2009

How To Train Your Dragon

This trailer came out a few days ago and for the most part, I liked it. However, a couple of things threw me off. First of all, the character "Hiccup" seems to have a voice that is hinging on the side of boring or even worse, annoying. Seems like an odd choice. I can't really put my finger on it, but something rubs me the wrong way. Second, I was a little disappointed with the dragon character designs. The human designs looked nice enough, but something about the dragon was just odd. He almost looks like a toad. With that said, it isn't enough to make me turn my back on this one. I've seen enough now, where I'm interested in seeing more. And of course, that is the point of a trailer.

The textures and lighting looked nice. There is something about it that makes it feel really warm. Additionally, the fur and hair are well done. Nice step up from MvA. The animation is also a step up from some of their previous films. Except, the mouth animation seems a little on the dry side and imo, could stand to be a bit more exaggerated.

Can't wait to see more.

No comments: