Tuesday, November 06, 2007

WGA Strike

I won't pretend to know all the details regarding the writer's strike. I'd just like to say thanks. Nothing like an excuse for more reality shows.

I've caught myself going over to the TAG union blog several times a day to get an update on the whole thing. I just cannot seem to fall asleep at night until I've read the latest. (sarcasm) What's my opinion on the whole union thing? Bleh. I'm not much for the union. But that's just me. To each their own. However, I can see the value in it, especially when trying to get something like residuals. Something animators and artists will never get.

Someone on Animation Nation brought up a good point. Did the WGA honor the Animator Union Strike? Would they honor an IATSE strike? Kevin from the union replied no and probably no. Therefore, I've decided not to honor the WGA strike.

I will not honk for support as I drive by in my limo.

No comments: