Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Horton and Valiant

20th Century Fox acquires rights to "Horton Hears a Who". I guess this will be one of the next projects for Blue Sky after Ice Age 2 is done. I'm not really a big fan of Dr. Seuss, so I cannot really gauge the possibilities of this picture. Hopefully the story will be tighter than Robots. Let's be honest, it wasn't that great. Good, but not great.

There is a poster for Valiant viewable at this URL . Notice the huge letters "From the Producer of Shrek & Shrek 2". If that isn't false advertising, I don't know what is! Also interesting to note that there is no mention of Vanguard in any text larger than a grain of rice. Of course Walt Disney is featured prominently. Judging by the reviews, I'm not so sure Disney should want to be aligned with this movie.

...end...

2 comments:

Ben Schleimer said...

I thought the concept for Robots was genius. The story was so-so and the animation not so great, but the modelling and design were the best.

I hope that Blue Sky can pull their story deptartment together and compete with Pixer better.

jon said...

We are trying to find good free movie to take the kids this weekend. Good free movie reviews are hard to find

I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

Thanks