Friday, August 15, 2008

Mass Animation

I was browsing websites recently and came across a mention of "Mass Animation" over at cg-Char. And, since someone mentioned it in the comment section of another of my useless posts, I decided to write something about it.

Frankly, I think this is a brilliant idea. Tapping into the vast amount of animators around the world to animate a short for free? Picking and choosing which shots get accepted from possibly hundreds of entries? Getting Reel FX to make it look pretty? Nice idea. I wish I could of thought of it and pulled together Intel to back me up on it.

As for the animators that will submit shots. It could be nice experience and demo reel fodder. If you're looking to improve or show off, this may be a good opportunity. I have no idea what the story is, hopefully it is a good one. Or else this is a massive waste of a nice idea.

No comments: