Thursday, September 22, 2005

Run Down

Keeping this blog updated has been extremely difficult. Between my schedule and sometimes a complete lack of motivation, I have let this thing slide. I don't really have a specific topic, so I'll just start typing about various things. ...continued...


  • First things first. DreamWorks has announced a whole bunch of new films. Including Rex Havoc, How To Train Your Dragon, It Came From Earth, and Route 66. You can wander over to the "Comming Soon" website to read about each of these. Personally I think "It Came From Earth" sounds interesting. Madagascar 2 is also happening. I don't feel the first one warranted a sequel, evidentially someone high on the food chain has a different opinion. The penguins from Madagascar are also going to star in their own DTV film. That is good. They were funny and probably the most entertaining part of Madagascar. The critters will also star in a short film that will be showing in from of "The Curse of the Were Rabbit".
  • Speaking of short films. I caught a glimpse of a film that a colleague of mine is working on. I don't want to name the film or the artist, because I'd rather he didn't know this was my website. I just want to anonymously say it was one of the better animated films I have seen in a while. Story and production value are extremely good. I don't normally fawn over shorts, but this thing is going to rock. I can't wait to see it finished in the next few months.
  • Seems that Sega is entering the CG film business. Why not? Everyone else and their mother is.
  • Disney is starting the marketing muscle for Chicken Little. I'm excited to check out this film and will hopefully get a chance to see it projected in 3-D (stereoscopic). A lot is riding on this film for Disney. A success puts another nail in Disney's 2D efforts, a failure will push them closer to Pixar. I'm rooting for a success. I'd like to see Pixar and Disney part company. Competition makes life more entertaining.
  • The Corpse Bride opens this weekend. I'd like to go see this movie. Nightmare Before Christmas was a favorite of mine and I'd like to see how this film turned out. CG may rule the roost, but there is always room for alternatives like this.
  • I have not forgotten about Part 3 of the Power Rankings. I'm working on it here and there, however time isn't a commodity I have much of at the time.

No comments: