Friday, March 19, 2010

Megamind

A new teaser came out for Megamind. Amid over at Cartoon Brew has some hate for it. He doesn't seem to be much of a fan of DWA, so I'm not surprised.

IMO, the teaser is okay. The character design is interesting, but is a little bland. Reminds me of the Great Gazoo from the Flinstones. The animation however, is pretty nice. I like it.

I don't know what to expect from this movie, but it is a little hard to make much of it from this one little teaser. I'm not ready to flame it until more can be seen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hate is well deserved. It looks mildly better than any other dreamworks drek, including the dragon crap.

Anonymous said...

Just got in from a screening of Dragon. It's a good Dreamworks film, but I was surprised (and I swear I'm being honest) at the lackluster response. I sure hope it was just this particular audience. Several parents did take their children out because of some intense scenes (they came back in later), and there was a lot of fidgiting. The audience was about 3/4 full. It's a good kids film, though. Not quite sure if it'll hold up for adult audiences though.

ljr said...

am recently retired and decided to learn about animation as what to do now - am a beginner and won't bother you - but will look in from time to time

Anonymous said...

What is going on with the lip-synch in these trailers/commercials?!? Often times --waaay off--

Reminds me of a movie I worked on where they changed the dialogue of my character in ADR. Pissed. I'm guessing that's what happened here, because it looks pretty bad.

Anonymous said...

You haven't posted in a long time. Always like to read your opinions on here. Even the ones I don't agree with. Hopefully you are well and can start posting again.